4 Chicken breasts, boneless
1-1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
1/4 Tsp Fresh ground black pepper
1 Cup Flour
For the Sauce:
1 Pound Spaghetti, cooked – Save the pasta water
1/2 Cup Shallots, minced
1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
1/2 Tsp Red chili flakes
4 Cups Roma tomatoes, diced
1 Cup White wine
1 Cup Chicken stock
1/4 Cup Cream
3/4 Cup Pasta water
1/4 Cup Cold Butter
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/4 Cup Capers
2 Tbsp Chopped parsley
1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
For the chicken breast:
1. Sandwich each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast into an even thickness, about 1/4 inch.
2. Once the chicken is pounded out, place a 12-inch saute pan over high heat (425 degrees). While the pan is heating up, season both sides of the chicken breast with kosher salt and black pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour and shake off the excess.
3. You will be able to saute 2 breasts at a time, due to size. Once the pan is hot, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Gently lay the chicken breasts in the pan and sautee on one side for 2 minutes. Turn chicken breasts over and saute on back side for additional 2 minutes.
4. Remove chicken breasts from the pan. (Do not wash the pan; reserve juices for sauce.) Place chicken on a rack over a sheet tray until ready to serve. Let chicken rest at least 5 minutes.
To make the sauce:
1. With the same saute pan the chicken just left, discard the old oil and replace it with 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
2. Place the pan back on medium-high heat and add the shallots, garlic, and red chili flakes. Bloom in the hot oil for 30 seconds. Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the white wine and reduce till “dry.”
3. Add the chicken stock, cream and pasta water to the pan and simmer until reduced by half.
4. Next add lemon juice, butter, capers and parsley, and stir until the butter is melted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. To finish the dish, place the cooked pasta in the sauce to heat up. Divide among 4 plates. Top with sliced chicken breast, parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.