07 Jul SIMPLY GOOD KITCHEN GREEK SALAD DRESSING
- 1/3 Cup “O” Cabernet Vinegar
- 2/3 Cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano, fresh, minced (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 teaspoon Thyme, fresh
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt (Diamond Crystal)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
- Mix together all the ingredients. Taste to check seasoning. Dressing will keep indefinitely in the refrigerator.
TIP – BALSAMIC SYRUP
To make a tasty balsamic syrup, place 2 cups of balsamic vinegar in a 1-quart sauce pot over medium-high heat (400 degrees F). Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. (If you have a candy thermometer, it will register 223 degrees F). The mixture will be syrupy thick, and will thicken even more when it cools.
Extra Virgin olive oil will solidify in the refrigerator. Let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, and the extra virgin olive oil will return to a liquid.