16 Jun Simply Good Kitchen Homemade Hummus
Do you love hummus? It’s very easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. We know you’ll enjoy this homemade hummus recipe from the chefs at Simply Good Kitchen. This recipe yields 3 cups.
- 1 Can Chickpeas (20-ounce) Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini (sesame seed) Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Whole Lemon, Juiced
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, Peeled, Approximately 2 Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Diamond Crystal)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, Plus 2 Tablespoons Extra if Needed
- Place all of the ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth, about one minute. If hummus seems too thick, add additional olive oil. Hummus may be prepared up to 5 days in advance.
The word “hummus” means “chickpea” in both Arabic and Hebrew.