06 Jul Simply Good Kitchen Lemon Cookie
- 2 Cups Butter, room temperature
- 3 Cups Confectioner’s sugar
- 5 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon zest, fresh
- 3 ounces Lemon juice, fresh
- 1 3/4 White choice chips
- As needed – Confectioner’s sugar
- Using a stand-mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioner’s sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Divide dough into 24 qual pieces. Roll into balls, place on a sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake cookies 15 to 18 minutes, until light brown. While cookies are still warm from oven, press flat with a spatula. Dip cooled cookies in confectioner’s sugar.
TIP – Gluten-free Flour Alternative
- 5 parts Rice flour
- 1 part Tapioca starch
- 2 parts Potato starch
- 1 part Corn starch
- Xanthan gum (1 teaspoon or every 2 cups gluten free flour)
- Mix ingredients well.
Follow directions above, substituting gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour.
Cookie dough (tightly wrapped in plastic wrap) will last in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks – just bake them when you need them! Cookie dough also freezes well for up to 6 months.