24 Jun Simply Good Kitchen Pumpkin Pie Filling
For pie filling:
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 cup Cream (heavy, whipping, or light)
- 1 3/4 cups Canned pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Fresh grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (Diamond Crystal)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste or extract
1 9-inch Pie shell, unbaked
For vanilla whipped cream:
3/4 cup Cream, heavy, whipping, or light)
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste or extract
METHOD FOR THE PIE FILLING:
1. Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart mixing bowl. Whisk together until everything is completely incorporated.
3. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust shell.
4. Place pie on the floor of the preheated (gas) oven for 15 minutes. (if you have an electric oven, place oven rack at its lowest setting). This will create a crisper crust. After 15 minutes, move pie to the middle rack of the oven, and bake an additional 30 minutes.
METHOD FOR THE VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM:
In a medium bowl, combine cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whip by hand or with a mixer until medium peaks form. For a different flavor, replace the sugar in your whipped cream with maple syrup.
Pie can be prepared 5 days in advance before baking.
The filling and whipped cream are gluten-free recipes.